Principal Wellness Professional Learning Community (PWPLC)
This will be a unique learning community because of its specific focus on creating a unique space for Black school leaders to regularly convene and receive social-emotional wellness and leadership support in Detroit. Funded through a partnership with The Skillman Foundation.
The Principal Wellness Professional Learning Community will provide school leaders with transformative practices and a support system of peers that support individual and school-wide wellness. Principals will develop ways of deepening their capacity to alleviate their stressors and adopt a self-care plan; identify areas of professional growth; and create brave spaces for change within their school that nurtures the mental and emotional wellbeing of the students, teachers, and families.
- Monthly Group Sessions: 4 hours per session; In-person + virtual; Held on weekends
- One-on-One Coaching: 1 hour per month; Virtual; Based on personal schedules
- Group Text Messaging: On-Going Check-Ins and Support
- Stipend: To help offset the time investment this opportunity requires
The mission of Teach Plus is to empower excellent, experienced, and diverse teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that advance equity, opportunity, and student success. The organization empowers expert teachers to advance policy changes and improve instructional leadership and teacher supports; trains and coaches teacher leaders to successfully mobilize and lead teacher teams; and empowers teacher leaders to be change agents among their peers and policy makers. Since 2009, Teach Plus has trained thousands of teacher leaders across the country who are driving policy changes and improving the instructional practices of teachers to create an education system driven by equity, access, and excellence for all students.
Reporting to the Illinois Senior Executive Director, the Michigan State Director will – with support from Teach Plus’ national team — advance educational equity for students in Michigan through policy change led by teachers.
The Michigan State Director will be responsible for all aspects of leading and growing a successful Michigan Teacher Leadership Collaborative, launching in the summer of 2021, in order to build a critical mass of teacher advocates prepared to lead on behalf of their students.
The Michigan State Director will be a credible broker between teachers and policymakers and teachers and the media, building partnerships across the state in order to lay the groundwork for teacher voice and create opportunities for teacher leaders to have influence on critical issues.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Teach Plus offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 3% matching 401k plan, disability, and life insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and childcare expenses.
Teach Plus offers generous time-off benefits including 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, 5 sick days, 11 holidays, and winter break. Additionally, Teach Plus offers parental leave and a 4-week paid sabbatical for every five years of service.
Covenant House Academy (CHA)
Various Fulltime Positions
At Covenant House Academy you will have a direct, profound, and meaningful impact on the lives of the students we serve. Through our mission-based program, which provides unconditional love and respect for our students, you will be instrumental in helping them achieve a brighter future through the power of education.
Job Positions in Detroit
Assistant Principal (East)
Science Teacher (Central)
Social Worker (East)
Special Education Teacher (East, Central, or Southwest)
Job Positions in Grand Rapids
- Medical (HMO or PPO), Dental & Vision
- Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- 403b & ROTH (both with employer match)
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Professional Development and Continuing Education
- Master’s in Education Scholarship Partnership
Program with Grand Valley State University
- 50% tuition reduction for staff with less than
five years of service at CHA.
- 80% tuition reduction for staff with five or
more years of service at CHA.
Leading Educators (Equity Fellowship)
Despite the incredible diversity of our students in West Michigan, few students of color ever have teachers who share their racial or ethnic background. Outcomes for majorities of students who identify as Black, Latinx, multiracial, and recent immigrants also fall short of grade-level expectations.
Leading Educators is accepting candidates for their Teaching for Equity Fellowship. Their purpose is to create a coalition of antiracist educators (not limited to classroom teachers) who can foster community for each other, including making schools more inclusive for educators of color, and Improving student experiences that result in more equitable outcomes and close the opportunity gap.
Qualifications & Framework
A current teacher of record (PK-12) with at least two full years of teaching experience by June 2021.
Have a track record of success teaching students in traditional public or public charter schools in Michigan.
Are ready to dedicate your time and energy to learning about policy and advocating on behalf of changes that impact your students — while continuing to teach full time.
Have a passion for sharing the diverse perspectives and experiences of students and teachers with policy makers.
- All participants will engage in our content-agnostic Equity sessions, as well as choose a content pathway: K-Algebra Identity in Mathematics, K-2 ELA Foundational Skills or 3-12 ELA Disrupting the Canon.
Waverly Community Schools
Waverly Community School’s mission is to educate and prepare students to achieve their academic best, develop character, become lifelong learners, and contribute as citizens of our global society by committing ourselves to excellence in education characterized by: ¨ A safe, caring and equitable learning environment ¨ Rigorous curriculum ¨ Quality instruction ¨ Respect for diversity
- CERTIFIED STAFF OPENINGS
- 5th & 6th Grade Instructional Coach 2021-22
- Middle School Instructional Coach 2021-22
- High School Instructional Coach 2021-22
- K-4 Instructional Coach – Science – Winans 2021-22
- K-4 Instructional Coach – Science – Elmwood 2021-22
- High School Science Teacher – Biology 2021-22
- Middle School 8th Grade Math Teacher 2021-22
- Special Education Co-Teacher High School Math 2021-22
- Special Education Co-Teacher Middle School Math 2021-22
- Elementary 1st Grade Teacher 2021-22
- Anticipated Elementary Teacher (K-6) 2021-22
- Elementary Spec Ed Teacher – Resource Room – Elmwood Ele 2021-22
- Kindergarten Spec Ed Teacher – Resource Room – Colt ECEC 2021-22
- Elementary Math Interventionist – Winans Ele 2021-22
- Elementary Math Interventionist – Elmwood Ele 2021-22
- Music Teacher Gr 1-6 (General Music 1-4/General & Vocal Music 5-6) 2021-22
- Grades 5-6 ELA Interventionist 2021-22
- High School Math Interventionist 2021-22
- High School ELA Interventionist 2021-22
- High School Special Education Transition Program Teacher 2021-22
- High School Physical Ed & Health Teacher 2021-22
- K-12 Art Teacher 2021-2022
- Middle School ASD Special Education Teacher 2020-21